What We Do
Types of issues worked with:
- Emotional and behavioural problems
- African self and relationship to dis-at-ease (lack of harmony between self and the environment
- Emotional disability
- Low self esteem
- Adjustment to disability
- Attachment problems
- Psychological trauma
- Living with Autistic Spectrum condition
- Enhancing understanding of the effects of white supremacy and developing strategies to survive and thrive
- And more…
Who do we work with:
- Older people
- People with intellectual disabilities
- People with physical disabilities
- Although we specialise in African centred approaches for the African diaspora, all people are welcome and are encouraged to benefit from such approaches as appropriate.
As appropriate culturally informed:
- African centred therapy
- Trauma informed care
- Positive Behavioural Support, for understanding and analysis of emotional and behavioural problems
- Disability Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Psychodynamic informed therapy
- Free Emotional Healing Circles (Group therapeutic intervention for people of African ancestry in a safe space to build resilience and focus on the lie of inferiority of black people)
- Other groups available upon request
Formulation (understanding of issues):
- preventative strategies
- resilience enhancing
- understanding of the development of a problem or issue
- maintaining factors
- protective factors
- pre-disposing/ vulnerability factors
- Training and presentations in African centred psychology and psychotherapy (Black Psychology) at conferences and to organisations
- Courses in African Centred counselling, psychotherapy and clinical psychology
- Training in running Emotional Emancipation Circles for people of African ancestry (Afrikans) – not currently available.
- Trauma informed care
- Positive Behavioural Approaches to understanding and improving wellbeing for behaviours which challenge.
- Other training available upon request
- Supervision and therapy offered to psychologists, counsellors, health and social care practitioners.
- Cultural competency from an African centred perspective for all organisations
Payment / Fees
For therapy, we offer a sliding scale for payment depending upon income and circumstances. Genuine hardship cases considered individually. Insurance funded therapy is welcome.
For supervision, training, courses, teaching, presentations and consultancy please contact us for fees.