- This event has passed.
African Centred Self Mastery Class: Soulfulness for Personal Transformation
November 30, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Soulfulness is a novel African Centred mindfulness approach to the UK pioneered by Dr Shelly Harrell (Professor of Psychology, Pepperdine University, USA). This work is brought to you by Dr Erica Mapule McInnis of Nubia Wellness and Healing (NWAH) with direct permission from Dr Shelly Harrell. The work of Dr Harrell is uniquely blended by Dr McInnis with some of the latest thinking on how to incorporate such approaches into every day life.
What is African Centred? To be African centred is to incorporate the very best of African thinking, practices and culture to enhance our wellbeing. Transformation using such tools is necessary particularly for those of African ancestry. High pressure or toxic work, education and living environments can be an everyday intergenerational living hazard.
There is a dearth of high quality African centred personal mastery workshops in the UK. Hence this workshop, which is aimed at counselors, psychologist, therapist, trainees, students etc.
Delegates will be inspired and learn:
- Who are Afrikans in Britain and why we need Soulfulness for Liberation?
- What is African Centred Soulfulness*. How does it form a new Mindfulness approach to transform people of African ancestry.
- The 8 Cs of Soulfulness and S.T.O.P, D.R.O.P and R.O.L.L Soulfulness phases.
- Creating your ‘Transformation Hour’ to spiritually prepare yourself as warrior Queens and Kings for the day ahead . Plus morning and evening rituals for Divinity, Teachability, Perfectability, Free Will and Moral and Social Responsibility
- Experience African Centred Meditations for betterment and personhood.
- Learn and Practice using ‘Know Thy Self – Adinkra Cards’ for self knowledge and illumination of the soul.
- Experience quality learning from an African Centred perspective. All are welcome.
Saturday 30 November 2019
Enjoy the accessible 4 star meeting and events facilities of the Park Inn by Raddison City Centre Manchester Hotel, Manchester.
Included in your delegate package are:
- LUNCH and all refreshments PROVIDED
- Professional Delegate Meeting Facilities
- Complementary access to WiFi in all areas
- Complementary access to all hotel leisure facilities, last entry to gym and pool at 7.30pm. Any Spa Treatment must be paid for via the hotel.
- Opportunity to buy ‘Know Thy Self – Adinkra Cards’ direct from the developer