Emotional Emancipation Circles
Book Your Place
Session dates include:
18 October 2018, Launch, 5.00pm-8.00pm
8 November 2018, Key 1, 5.00pm-8.00pm
29 November 2018, Key 2, 5.00pm-8.00pm
20 December 2018, Key 3, 5.00pm-8.00pm
10 January 2019, Key 4, 5.00pm-8.00pm
31 January 2019, Key 5, 5.00pm-8.00pm
21 February 2019, Key 6, 5.00pm-8.00pm
14 March 2019, Key 7 (final session), 5.00pm-8.00pm
*Please note registration start is a prompt 5.00pm
For enquirers regarding the course please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brixton (18 Oct 2018 - 14 March 2019), 5pm - 8pm.
This event is Free, booking is essential. Limited spaces are available, early booking is advisable. You can join at any time, even if you have missed previous session(s).
WHAT: Emotional Emancipation CircleSM Support Groups are safe spaces in which Black people work together to overcome, heal from, and overturn the lies of White superiority and Black inferiority: the root causes of the devaluing of Black lives. Please note: Emotional Emancipation Circles are psycho-educational and are not intended to be–nor should they be treated as–a substitute for professional counseling, advice, or therapy. If and when necessary, participants must be urged to seek the help of qualified mental health professionals.
HOW: EE CircleSM Support Groups are safe gatherings in which we:
- Share our stories and our feelings, always respecting the humanity and dignity of all Circle members;
- Deepen our understanding of the impact of historical forces on our emotional lives, our relationships, and the well-being of our communities;
- Free our minds and spirits from the lies, and heal from the historical and continuing trauma of racism;
- Tell ourselves a new and empowering story about who we are as people of African ancestry;
- Revitalize ourselves and our relationships with each other;
- Learn and practice essential emotional wellness skills to help us be at our very best–as individuals and as a people; and
- Develop strategies to extinguish the lies–once and for all.
WHO: EECSM Support Groups were originated by Community Healing Network, Inc. (CHN), and developed by leaders of the Association of Black Psychologists (ABPsi) in collaboration with CHN, and are a part of the global grassroots movement for emotional emancipation being spearheaded by CHN to help Black people heal from, and overturn, the lies once and for all.
WHEN: CHN’s aim is to engage a critical mass of Black people in the journey toward emotional emancipation by the year 2019, the 400th anniversary of the forced arrival of Africans in the United States, so that, by the year 2020, we as a people will begin to see ourselves in a whole new light. Working together, CHN and ABPsi have planted seeds for EEC Support Groups in cities across the United States, including Ferguson, MO; Brooklyn, NY; and Baltimore, MD; and in countries around the world, including the United Kingdom, Cuba, and South Africa.